Intelligent Laptop Charging Trolley
LapSafe®’s flagship Mentor™ trolleys provide the very highest levels of security as well as intelligent charging of devices. The Mentor™ trolley range offers three types of charging for your laptops, Chromebooks, and tablets: Our unique ultra-safe patented SmartLine™ (requires no AC adaptors) and is extremely Eco friendly, ChargeLine™ (uses device own AC adaptors) or USB Charging.
LapSafe®’s ‘Ultra-Safe Power Management System’ is unique and there is no other charging system like it in the World! All devices are charged simultaneously in the fastest possible time. The power management system incorporates three areas of protection, soft-start, surge, and residual voltage; these provide the highest level of protection for the user and your equipment.
- Devices are charged simultaneously in the fastest possible time
- Safely store & charge up to 30 full sized laptops
- Safely store & charge up to 60 small Chromebooks / tablets
- Fully welded steel construction with piano hinges
- Fitted with high security locks
- Different keys to door at rear for admin access
- A new compact, small footprint design
- Mix & Match devices in one trolley with its modular design
- Future Proof, upgradable when your devices change
- SmartLine™ Inbuilt charging requiring no AC adaptors
- ChargeLine™ uses AC adaptors
- USB Charging
- Over Current Protection
- Residual Voltage Protection
- Soft Start Power Management
- Energy Saving and Eco friendly
- Data Transfer – Update all your devices at once
- Timer – A configurable 7-day digital timer
- WAP – Internet access with wireless access point
The Mentor™ trolley is the most secure mobile storage and charging trolley available in the market today. Its fully welded chassis, piano style hinges and anti-jemmy features reduces points of weakness. Doors are reinforced and fitted with four-point locks which uses high security keys to access.
Inside the trolley, it has a modular construction allowing you to ‘Mix n Match’ devices and can be easily upgraded when your devices change.
A truly sustainable storage and charging trolley built to withstand the test of time.
SmartLine™ with PowaSave™
Our patented SmartLine™ with PowaSave features unique ultra-safe low voltage built-in charging cables specific to the make and model of laptop, or Chromebook, eliminating the need for AC adaptors. Eco-friendly and energy efficient.
Fit our USB-C charging modules to charge various devices, from tablets to laptops. Each charging bay is equipped with a USB-C charging lead, and the module can deliver 65w per channel, supporting 5v, 9v, 15v and 20v to suit your device.
ChargeLine™ uses the device’s own AC adaptor plugged into a standard 3 pin, 13-amp socket to charge devices (Euro sockets available). The socket is situated at the front of each bay so that there is no need to reach around the rear of the unit to plug in the AC adaptors, making them easy to remove if required.
For complete safety, the trolley automatically shuts off power to the sockets as soon as the doors are opened.
USB charge only modules allow tablets such as iPads to be charged at full rate. Users connect their own USB cable to the conveniently placed USB 2.0 sockets at the front of each storage and charging tray.
Don't Take Our Word For It!
Storage & Charging Case Studies
Storage & Charging in Education
Great Abington Primary School
Great Abington Primary School need a safe storage and charging solution for their chrome-books.
Storage & Charging in Education
Haringey Sixth Form College
Haringey Sixth Form College needed storage and caring solution to go with their new space, the FLEX™ lockers fit in perfectly to the design.
Storage & Charging in Education
Petroc College use the Mentors™ modular system to maintain the storage and charging of multiple devices.
Frequently asked questions
Have a different question and can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Contact us for more information and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- How does the Mentor™ Trolley differ from the ClassBuddy™ Trolley?
- The Mentor™ is our flagship range and provides the highest levels of security as well as intelligent charging of devices. It offers four types of charging; our unique patented SmartLine™with PowaSave™ (requires no AC adaptors), ChargeLine™, USB-C and USB2.0. The Mentor™ has a fully welded chassis, piano style hinges and anti-jemmy plates along the door edges which remove common points of weakness. Doors are reinforced and fitted with four-point locking and uses high security keys to access. Inside the trolley, it has a modular construction allowing you to mix n match devices. A truly sustainable storage and charging trolley built to withstand the test of time. The ClassBuddy™ range is designed to be cost effective with a smaller footprint than the Mentor™ range. It does not have quite as many security features and usings the devices own AC adaptors. Euro sockets are available in both ranges.
- What is the benefit of the Mentor™’s modular construction?
- The Mentor™ is probably one of the most sustainable trolleys available within the market today. Its modular construction allows devices to mix and matched. Each module holds five laptops or ten tablets, so a Mentor™ could hold up to 60 devices. Each module can be a different make and model. This means you can have up to six different devices in one trolley and when using SmartLine™ we do not need the devices own AC adaptors, they are free to be used by the users for extended use. The Mentor™ can be upgraded when your devices change so there is no need to invest in a new trolley. We still upgrade trolleys that were sold over twenty years ago!
- What warranty do you offer?
- The Mentor™ range comes with a Lifetime Warranty on all parts and labour.
- How do you manage the temperature whilst charging the devices?
- The Mentor™ trolley comes fitted with thermostatically controlled fans which are designed to turn on when the temperature starts to rise, once the temperature returns to a normal level the fans are turned off. If for any reason the temperature cannot be reduce the unit will automatically shut down to prevent overheating.
- What is SmartLine™/SmartLine™ USB-C charging?
- SmartLine™ in Mentor™ comes in three types. Low voltage tip, USB2.0 and USB-C. With SmartLine™ you no longer need your original AC adaptor; we provide a fully managed power system that takes power from a single mains socket and distributes it to your devices to the same specification as the OEM requires. We provide the electronics and power supplies for each module to specifically suit your devices. A number of safety systems are built in as standard, and with PowaSave® you can reduce your carbon footprint.
- Can you confirm if you have any electrical safety features for the ChargeLine™ option as the power sockets are situated at the front of the bays.
- As standard our soft-start protection, surge protection and residual voltage protection are all included, in addition to this, when the doors of the Mentor™ ChargeLine™ trolley are open, no power will pass to the sockets to ensure user protection.
- How secure is the trolley?
- The Mentor™ trolley is probably the most secure storage and charging trolley available in the market. It offers the highest levels of security with a fully welded chassis, piano style hinges and anti-jemmy plates along the door edges which remove common points of weakness. Doors are reinforced and fitted with four-point locking and uses high security keys to access.
- Can the devices be updated whilst on charge?
- Yes with our data transfer upgrade.
- How does data transfer work?
- Our Data Transfer option allows you to carry out functions like updates to all devices charged in the Mentor™ trolley using Wake on LAN (WoL). Switches and structured cabling are provided to connect your devices to your network.
- What other options are available with the Mentor™?
- Our Mentor™ Trolley offers four additional options: Data Transfer, Timer, Wireless Access Point, and Docking Station. Details can be found at lapsafe.com/mentor or contact your LapSafe® Account Manager